EdUHK is collaborating with Cambridge Assessment International Education to offer IELC participants the opportunity to claim two Cambridge leadership qualifications: Cambridge International Certificate in Educational Leadership and Cambridge International Diploma in Educational Leadership.
The Cambridge leadership qualifications are designed to help leaders develop their professional thinking and practice, and enhance their (1) knowledge, skills and understanding of effective leadership, (2) leadership practice and (3) school and its effectiveness.
They will be of interest to
- Aspiring and practicing leaders working at one of the more than 10,000 Cambridge schools across 160 countries worldwide.
- Teachers and administrators from non-Cambridge schools who wish to develop understandings of leadership in Cambridge school contexts.
IELC participants wishing to obtain the Cambridge leadership qualifications should complete the following requirements:
- Find a mentor to work with throughout the IELC programme. The mentor could be a senior and trusted colleague in your school or former school. If you are unable to find a suitable person, please let us know, and we will use our network to help identify a mentor.
- Maintain a reflective journal throughout the programme. By keeping a journal, you will more effectively evaluate your practice and develop reflective skills to underpin your professional development.
- Complete three IELC taught courses: Effective School Leadership, Leading Learning Organisations, and Leading Organisational Change.
- Complete the School-based Inquiry Project. Plan, prepare, and carry out an interview with an experienced leader. You will design the interview questions based on your interests.
- Write a final reflective piece of around 1,000 words.
The IELC team will be here to help you navigate the requirements. The resources will include an orientation handbook, Cambridge educational leadership learning materials, and recommended literature from Cambridge on educational leadership.